Pages

12/28/11

I'm A Sponge

So I have fully given up on my online aversion. Semi forced at first, but now I am drunk from the free flowing creativity that seeps from every new site I find. Tody likes to call me the social networking Queen. It comes naturally to me. I find it a little stressful to keep up with. Every site is like its own puzzle that I have to crack. I search to find the perfect sequence of steps that gets me the most out of each different site. I try to minimize my fluff time... as I think of it. I've had to really cut back on surfing gawker sites and random shops unless I am pinning. Or making treasuries. It's been difficult trying to stay focused all the time but you have to if you want to have time to make an impact. You need the best pics, the funniest quotes, the most insightful tweets, the most interesting updates, the trendiest tags, ect... Every online interest have its own subcultural that comes along with a whole community and demographic. As an artist and an entrepreneur it is becoming increasingly important for me to learn how to please all of these people that I never knew existed before.



I have always been a local girl. And I still hold that very dear to me. I love my home and firmly believe in supporting local businesses and putting effort and care back into the community that raised you. But I am starting to find artists all over the world that I look up to and find inspiration from. I listen to a podcast from Tennessee. I am completely in love with blogs from the east coast and the UK and I have been drooling over Esty shops from all over the world. There are like minded artists everywhere that I can learn from.


And that's what I have been doing... Learning. Lately I have been really looking up on branding. It is not my strong point. I need to work on it. And hopefully over the next few weeks I will really make strides in making all my sites align and be coherent in my branding and style. It's a huge process and I really have to stay vigilant. I can't let myself surf, I can't let myself get discouraged by no comments or no likes.


But that is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails