Pages

12/19/11

It May Not Look Pretty, But It's Special


Thank you to Tody for uploading my paper experiment pictures! Pretty sure these were with his fixie lens (as I like to call it). My paper is drying slowly in my living room. I can't wait to make cards out of some of it.


There are two sheets that are just too thin to do much with. I don't know, I will have to find something special for them. The thicker paper turned out better because after I pretty much stood on it with a Sham Wow and a book on top to get more water out it has flattened out quite a bit and it's perfect for making cards. All I will have to do it mount them on a nice piece of index paper or card stock. I might even use just plain old construction paper if it dries strong enough. 


I think business cards on homemade paper would be so interesting. Certainly something to try.  I'm definitely not giving up on paper making. Although I have plenty of new ideas for how to make it go smoother next time. I went the cheapest route possible this time and if I put in a little more effort with the construction of my paper mold/mesh thingy the whole process would go smoother. 

 

I tried my damnedest to keep my kitchen mess free this time, I used a lot of news paper to shield my table from paper pulp splatters. But of course since it was a Kona & Tody production it was still a mild disaster. My beloved blender - may he rest in peace - is now making mango margaritas in blender heaven. So my paper making experiments have to be put on hold until I find another one.


But I am super excited for the paper I have to completely dry. They aren't bright or all that pretty to look at yet. But they are earthy and interesting and will make great backgrounds. Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails