Pages

12/11/11

Sitting In Front of The Fire

...not really. I'm sitting with my feet against my small space heater. It's freezing this early in the morning! I don't want to go in my warm bed with my warm Mr. Prez though... I won't want to get out of it in an hour or so for work! I know myself. So it's just safer to stay up when I get home from my night job until I have to go to work again. And I just couldn't will myself to go to the store this morning for creamer or juice or anything, so I don't have anything to drink, but hopefully that will force me to leave early for work to grab something...



I made jewelry with the kids I watch last night. It was fun. It was a little over the 4 year old's head but he liked my sparkly plastic beads I had left over from some past Relay For Life event. I've been trying really hard to bring more art over to my night job. I need to utilize all the extra time I have now that I have my shop up and running. I need to be constantly producing and experimenting and creating. And it will be good for me.



Usually once I get past the initial laziness of not even grabbing my stuff to take with me it's pretty easy to make myself work when I have it. But now even that is getting hard. I have a pretty cushy job, most night's I don't even see the kids I'm getting paid to watch. They are already in bed for school in the morning. I only see them two nights a week most normal weeks. So you would think with all that free time and quiet space to myself I would be incredibly productive, not so much. Her calm house is a little too calming at times and my new bed time has become 9pm! It's a physical fight with myself to make myself alert after 10pm. Unless I am already heavily caffeinated I just can't keep my focus there for more than an hour or two. So needless to say I am still working on the same watercolors I have been chugging along on for weeks and I only made one new piece of jewelry last night!


I guess last night was an exception because I should have known as soon as I broke out the beads my little crafty girl would be all up in my grill. The sight of my collection made her stop in the middle of a sentence! Being 11 means not having nice things yet. Yet you're old enough to want for them. I'll probably let her make something for herself. Last night she spent all her time oohing and aahing over single beads then meticulously putting them back where she found them.
 

All these necklaces can be found in my shop! Thanks for the support guys. It means a lot.

1 comment:

  1. you need to add a link to your Esty shop on here :) on the side bar or something

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails