Pages

12/16/11

Shrooming


I'm not high, I swear. I'm just feeling a little extra appreciative of natures cute little fungi today. I've been noticing tons of little mushrooms everywhere when I'm walking my pups. And they make for interesting macro shots. I like the slight bokeh I get from my point and shoot lens.


It's nothing compared to Tody's new lens though. He got it yesterday and he shot some cool Christmas bokehs! Check them out.  He's going to bring it over today to document our paper making experiments. I can't wait.


I have been trying to think of ways I can integrate my drawings and doodles into my upcycling shop and I think I finally found a way. I want to start making my own paper! I've found an awesome tutorial on Youtube that I want to try and we'll see if this is something else I can add to my craft collection. I'm excited. Making paper looks so fun, and the possibilities are endless, which is what attracted me to the idea in the first place. You can use anything to make your own paper; cardboard, newspaper, fabric, bark, seeds, grass, paint, glitter, cards, magazines, pictures, yarn, tin foil, tissue paper, dried leaves, flowers, even dirt! You can use anything that can be blended. You can put literally anything you can think of in your concoction to give it new texture and color. I find that fascinating! I love experimenting.



Who knows, I might make some really earthy paper and put some dried mushrooms in it and call it Shroom Paper!

So that's what Tody and I will be up to today. Hopefully there will also be time for some online work too. I have to hook up my printer/scanner so I can get going on changing up the Blog. I have been hard at work lately hand drawing buttons and banners and whatnot to update the site. I want the Blog to match up better with my Etsy shop. But it's a long arduous process. And I'm discovering typography may not be my strong suit, however much I love it. And no matter how many times Mr. Prez and Tody tell me I should really be doing this all on the computer, I don't care. I am lost when it comes to Photoshop. If I can't make it in the camera RAW editor then I don't know how to do it. That is all I do to my photos... I barely open Photoshop, I am a Bridge girl.
 

So check back soon! I will have a - probably amusing - post about our paper making adventures up as soon as I can. I'm sure it will be more messy, loud, eventful, fun, and even more complicated than I'm expecting. Who knows... maybe we'll try our hand at our own photo tutorial for paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails