Pages

1/26/11

From Back In The Day

for the past month or so I have been diligently organizing all the pictures I upload in Bridge right after I edit them which usually is right after I upload them. But that doesn't fix the thousands of pictures I have so carelessly littered in the most absurdly random folders on my computer in the past. So for the past three weeks or so I have been exploring the seemingly endless file trails on my computer. And I have come to the conclusion either I have been terribly retarded when I am uploading, or something is seriously wrong with my computer. I found lost picture folders from years ago in many driver files. And I keep stumbling across lone pictures stuck in music or video folders.

But all in all I am enjoying finding all my old pictures. And what tickles me even more is comparing them to my most recent ones. Not only have I improved by leaps and bounds, but it's actually quite easy to see that, because I am still shooting the same stuff. That little fact is delighting me and making me sad at the same time. I like that I can look at my pictures that are years apart but virtually almost the same shot, just maybe a little straighter or in focus. My interests and what I am naturally attracted to hasn't changed. I just know how to show it to you guys better. That part that makes me a bit sad is I lack progress. I want to branch out and explore more beauty in my life. I need to show you guys more than Seattle and my backyard and my pets. I started this blog to share everything I love with the world, and there is much more to me than those things. I love my life everyday, I love the silly little mundaneness's that usually get over looked in a day and I love the huge sweeping gestures that get remembered for years to come. 

Here are some old found gems.











No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails