Pages

9/24/09

Pain vs Pleasure; Antonyms That Ride a Fine Line

How does a person know what they are doing is right?
How does someone discern the good outcomes from the bad?
Just because something feels good doesn't mean it is actually good for you. Some times amazing things can make you feel horrible in the moment, but when all is said and done you are much better for it. At the same time we can experience pure ecstasy, but wake up the next morning feeling lifeless and battered because of it.
I never thought is would be so hard to go through life without hurting yourself at every turn. Maybe parents are doing us a disservice by making all the corners in their house baby-proof when they get a newborn. I think it is a lesson we need to learn young.



"Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger"
I hate that statement. There is plenty that I have done lately that didn't kill me, but it definitely made me weaker in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails