Pages

12/8/09

Home

I love Seattle. I think everyone who knows me in any way at any level knows that about me. I love the art you can find haphazardly stuck to any and all touchable surfaces. I love the adorable enthusiasm of almost everyone you meet. I even have a soft spot for the sporadic and nonsensical one way streets that make up this hilly city. 
Pike's Place may be a huge tourist attraction... but it's for the locals at heart. The majority of the gum on the brick wall in the alley are from Seattle mouths, we know exactly when to get our doughnuts so we don't have to stand in that line that winds practically down the stairs. We know when to avoid the overlook park because the sad genocide people are protesting. The fish smell barely registers as we easily navigate through the holiday standing-room-only crowds.
And we know which performers are worth the pause, and which sellers can entertain just as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails